Threadlifts are considered minimally invasive cosmetic facelift procedures. The thread facelift is an effective and quality treatment for those who are not interested in going under the knife. The thread facelift procedure triggers low-order tissue reaction and promotes production of collagen in their specific places. The beneficial outcomes of the treatment give the skin a youthful and fresh look in which the skin looks less tired and more rejuvenated. The thread lift procedure works in two ways. Firstly, by threading thin, dissolvable sutures underneath your skin, our doctor is able to mechanically pull your skin tight around your face. Invisible, painless “barbs” or “cogs” grab on to your skin and ensure that the thread grips your underlying tissue and muscles as the thread is pulled tight and lifted. After a barbed thread is inserted, your body’s healing response is triggered. Even though you’re not badly injured by the threads under your skin, your body detects a suture material and subsequently stimulates collagen production in the targeted area. Collagen will fill gaps in sagging skin and restore a more youthful elasticity to your brand-new face.
- There are minor side effects and a risk of complications pertaining to thread lift procedure. After a thread lift, it’s not uncommon to experience the following :
• Minor swelling
• Minor bleeding
• Slight pain at the site of the thread injectionThere’s about 15 to 20 percent chance of complications, including dimpling. Possible complications are minor and can easily be corrected done by our professional doctor. Complications to look out for include :
• allergic reaction to materials in the thread (rare)
• mild bleeding as a result of the procedure building up behind your skin
• visible dimpling or pulling where the threads have been inserted (minor)
• migration of the threads that result in skin that looks lumpy or bulges (correctable)
• slight pain under your skin as a result of the thread being too “tight” or awkwardly placed infection at the site of the procedure.